BackBit Cartridge (Commodore 64/128) w/ Case, BackButton™ & TwoBit™
The BackBit cartridge for the Commodore 64/128 combines the best features of other storage devices available for your vintage hardware, all in one sleek package.
In development for nearly a year, BackBit is a masterpiece built on intelligent firmware. It’s like iTunes for your C64. Just put your content on a Micro SD card and play instantly! Watch my YouTube video series Evie’s Revue or visit the BackBit Forum for more details.
The BackBit Cartridge (Commodore 64/128) features:
- No cables during regular usage!
- Supports common file formats, including D64, D71, D81, CRT, T64, PRG, and P00.
- No cryptic commands to learn or multiple buttons to guess at using. One button does it all!
- Never wait for loading, never swap a disk.
- Instantly go to BASIC, start coding, and save to virtual disk with no setup.
- Rip & Burn to/from a real 1541 disk drive
- Built-in compatibility with most IDE64 releases
- Real-time-clock remembers date & time even after shutoff
- Works in C128 slow mode
- Can act as a DEAD TEST or DIAGNOSTIC cartridge — no need to purchase separately!
- Presentation mode turns BackBit into a game system fully controlled by a joystick
- Versioning system saves progress points in disk-based applications & games
Includes USB Cable for firmware upgrades, and case uniquely designed for your BackBit cartridge:
- Protects bare cartridge from static electricity;
- Snug fit protects delicate components from damage;
- Allows easy access to all functions;
- 3D printed in sturdy ABS.
Also includes the BackButton™, a wired remote for the BackBit cartridge:
- Lights up in sync with the LED on your BackBit cartridge;
- Same functionality as menu button on back of cartridge with easier reach;
- Offers smooth key action with Cherry MX Blue;
- 3D printed ABS case;
- Includes 6 foot cable.
Also includes the TwoBit™, a joystick doubler for your Commodore 64/128.
- Use a single joystick to play games without swapping ports;
- Top quality metal switch with 3 settings: 1 or 2 (joystick functions in that port), or Both (works for most games without changing setting);
- Not for use with paddles, mice, light pens, 2nd button of joysticks;
- Makes it safe to use any DB9 controller from COMMODORE, SEGA MASTER SYSTEM, MSX, ATARI, etc as a single button joystick;
- Analog switches prevent incompatible joysticks (like Sega Genesis or MegaDrive) from causing harm;
- 3D printed ABS case.
Does not include SD card (available for purchase separately).