The BackBit Pro Cartridge is a universal instant loading cartridge capable of interfacing with multiple vintage computers via system-specific adapters. All adapters with male edge connectors are 45° chamfered & have immersion gold fingers.
Some adapters can be ordered in different configurations. For instance:
- The Commodore 64/128 adapter comes in a straight and right angle variety. Straight is the most versatile, as it supports vertical slots (like the SX64 & C64GS), and it can stay attached when you open up a breadbin. But right angle is a fashionable option if you want the person over your shoulder to see the cartridge, or you remove the SD card often.
- The VIC 20, Tandy CoCo, and TI-99/4A adapters have adapter cases as an option, as insertion can be fussy. If you want a specific color (Red or Black) be sure to place a note in the comments of your order. Otherwise, I’ll try to match the case color with your cartridge.
Some adapters have advanced features:
- Amstrad CPC+/GX4000 has a chip for ACID protection bypass;
- Atari 5200 has circuitry to utilize a cartridge interlock reset mechanism. If you have an older 4-port system that has not been upgraded, you can instead use a solderless reset jumper;
- Atari 7800 has POKEY emulation via a coprocessor;
- Fairchild Channel F comes attached to a caddy, since insertion would not be possible otherwise;
- MSX has SCC emualtion via a coprocessor;
- TI-99/4A has an electrically switched reset;
- ZX Spectrum and Timex Sinclair 2068 adapters have a Kempston joystick port to hook up an Atari style joystick.
The following adapters include a solderless jumper (one normal jumper is included, and extra-secure jumpers can be purchased):
- Amstrad CPC+/GX4000 (required for ACID bypass);
- Atari 2600 (optional for reset capability);
- Atari 5200 (optional for reset capability on early 4-port models; not required on 2-port models or “universal” 4-port models);
- Atari 7800 (optional for reset capability);
- Atari 400/800/XL/XE (optional for 1-button reset);
- Bally Astrocade (required for power, or alternatively choose USB add-on);
- Colecovision/Adam (optional for 1-button reset);
- Emerson Arcadia 2001 (optional for 1-button reset);
- Magnavox Odyssey² (optional for 1-button reset);
- RCA Studio II (optional for 1-button reset);
- Vectrex (optional for 1-button reset).
See the BackBit Pro Cartridge page for more details.
There are no reviews yet.