PLAster™ (PLA replacement for C64)
The U17 PLA is the most common chip failure in earlier Commodore 64 revisions and can result in a black screen.
Replace your PLA with PLAster™:
- Acts as fully compatible replacement for PLA chip in most breadbin/longboard revisions including a few very early C64C models;
- Works in revisions 326298 (original), 250407 (A), 250425 (B), and 250466 (B3);
- Not compatible with short boards, i.e. 250469, since those have a 64-pin mega-PLA;
- Configurable CASRAM delay of 25, 30, or 35ns with jumper;
- When used in conjunction with BackBit cartridge, allows for software controlled KERNAL replacement (with jumper setting);
- Includes socket for soldering to motherboard or as a “buffer” with an existing socket;
- Be very careful when removing PLAster from socket, as it is very easy to bend pins. Recommended removal method is rotating a flat-head screwdriver, alternating from top to bottom, to ease out gently.