Replace your MOS 8721 PLA with PLAster™ for Commodore 128:
- Acts as fully compatible replacement for the MOS 8721 chip;
- Connected pins logic is 100% identical to original chip (over 10 million input combinations);
- “Compatibility Mode” allows FAST mode programs to work properly with the BackBit cartridge (and possibly other devices, too);
- “Private Eyes” test functionality (via DIP switch) to enable in-circuit testing with BackBit Chip Tester;
- When used in conjunction with BackBit cartridge, allows for software controlled C64 and/or C128 KERNAL replacement (with DIP switch setting);
- Includes socket for soldering to motherboard;
- Thanks to Johan Grip for his work reverse-engineering the die (see https://github.com/jgrip/c128-verilog) CC BY 4.0;
- Note: requires insulation to prevent shorting from motherboard shielding (see picture). Recommended to use 2-3 layers of electrical tape.
Abelardo (verified owner) –
This is a great replacement. Works great with every program I’ve thrown at it.